DevOps Service Center in Full-Scale Operation
- "SmartCloud DevaaS 2.0", a cloud platform for software development, is now released -
NTT Comware Corporation (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President: Shinobu Umino, hereinafter, NTT Comware) launches sales of "SmartCloud DevaaS 2.0", a cloud platform as a software development workplace, on July 20, 2017. The production environment provides a CI/CD*1 platform to achieve a quick and efficient DevOps cycle, as one of the service menu items of the DevOps*2 Service Center.
In recent years, with the rapid change in the pace of business, the expected roles of software development and ICT operations are changing in order to provide rapid responses to the various needs of corporate customers. Among these needs, the concept of DevOps is gaining the attention of companies in Japan who need to introduce such service.
NTT Comware launched the DevOps Service Center in December 2016 for the company-wide promotion of DevOps. The purpose of this center is development of personnel to exercise DevOps in a practical manner, as well as development of cloud-based services to provide DepOps development environments, various user supports for tools and consulting services to enable new users to utilize the services. "SmartCloud DevaaS 2.0" has been available from July 20, 2017 as a cloud service for software development, containing a series of functions for DevOps, including CI/CD tools, for customers. With the launch of the service, we will expand DevOps Service Center services in a full-scale to contribute to customers' further success in the market by shortening their software development release cycles and quick responses to various business needs.
"SmartCloud DevaaS 2.0" has the following features:
(1) Integrated DevOps platform
In addition to the virtual desktop/test server required as items for a software development environment, an integrated DevOps platform is available including CI/CD servers containing the tools for development management and testing for DevOps so that customers can easily introduce DevOps.
(2) The portal for intuitive handling of functions from selection of various CI/CD tools and settings
The service is to provide a self-portal to allow users to select or set CI/CD tools in series including OSS such as GitLab, Jenkins, and Ansible to save time to use DevOps tool functions.
(3) Various user supports by DevOps Service Center
We provide user support services such as technical support for CI/CD tools, development of skilled engineers for software such as Agile, and consultancy services for new users to apply DevOps.
3. Service Menu and Price
Please inquire for details.
4. Sales Start
July 20, 2017 (Thu)
5. Future Scenario
NTT Comware plans to increase the function lineups toward further advancement of the DevOps Service Center and realize various user supports. Specifically, the additional service includes multi-language functions of UI for off-shore IT development, add-ons to the NTT Communication's cloud service for corporate users named "Enterprise Cloud" to provide more applications to multi-cloud environments, and other services to adapt to the public cloud as a deployment target. The services will be expanded in series.[Terminology]
*1: Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (the tool for task/time-saving of software development/the tool to automatically release products to test or production environments subject to changes of software).
*2: The term represents a combination of Development and Operation. A concept to promptly realize the way to meet the various needs of corporate partners or users through the joint efforts of the Development Division and Operations Division.
* "SmartCloud" is a registered trademark of NTT Comware.
* "Jenkins" is a registered trademark of SOFTWARE IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST, INC.
* "GitLab" is a registered trademark or trademark of GitLab B.V. in the United States and other countries.
* "Subversion" is a registered trademark of Apache Software Foundation in the United States and other countries, and their registered trademark or trademark in other countries.
* Docker is a trademark or registered trademark of Docker, Inc. in the United States or other countries.
* "Ansible" is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc. registered in the United States or other countries.
* Other names of companies, products and services are trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.
[For further information on "DevaaS 2.0"]
NTT Comware Corporation, Network & Cloud Division
Service Provider Department CLS|BU