- The Handling of Personal Information at NTT Comware
- Usage Purposes of Personal Information
- The Non-provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Items related to the Shared Usage of Personal Information
- Inquiries and Requests regarding Personal Information maintained by NTT Comware
The Handling of Personal Information at NTT Comware
At NTT Comware, we ensure the proper handling and protection of customers personal information in all of our business activities, and consider these activites a social responsibility.
NTT Comware has established the Personal Information Protection Policy described in further detail below, and in accordance with this policy, will put into effect activities which will promote the protection of personal information.
NTT Comware's Personal Information Protection Policy
In today's society characterized by the rapid proliferation of information technology, NTT Comware recognizes the importance of the proper handling of personal information. Accordingly, NTT Comware will handle personal information according to the following policy.
1.Acting in Accordance with the Law
NTT Comware acts in accordance with the rules and regulations established under the Personal Information Protection Law and Personal Information Protection Management Systems (JIS Q 15001), as well as other rules and regulations.
2.Establishment and Continual Monitoring of Personal Information Protection Management Systems
In order to ensure the appropriate handling of all personal information maintained by NTT Comware, a personal information protection compliance program based on the NTT Group Information Security Policy will be established, implemented and maintained. NTT Comware will make efforts to ensure the continuous improvement of the program.
3.Establishment of Internal Corporate System and Training Program
In order to effectively put Personal Information Protection Management Systems into effect, the Administrator of Personal Information Protection Management Systems is appointed to be responsible for the protection of personal information. Under this system, Security Managers will be assigned to each organization to manage the protection of personal information. In addition, training on the management and protection of personal information will be provided to both executives and employees in order to raise awareness of the importance of these issues and ensure the spread of personal information protection activities within the company.
4.The Fair Administration of Personal Information
NTT Comware will administer personal information in a fair manner through the following activities:
- Any request for personal information will be accompanied by an explanation as to what the information will be used for. In addition, the collection of this information will be conducted in a fair and legal manner and will be used only for the stated purpose.
- Outside of certain cases mandated under law, personal information will never be provided to a third person without the prior consent of the person to which the information pertains to.
- The accuracy of personal information will be maintained, and in order to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of personal information, Safety Management Systems will be established to combat illegal access and computer viruses. In addition, companies under contract with NTT Comware will be monitored.
- NTT Comware will respect that a person has the right to request the notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or cancellation, stoppage of use, deletion and stoppage of disclosure to third parties of personal information pertaining to them. NTT Comware will deal with such requests in a timely manner.
- NTT Comware will deal with any complaints about the handling procedure of personal information in a timely manner.
5. Implementation of Safety Management Systems
NTT Comware has received the registrations as below related to personal information protection, and put the Safety Management Systems into effect to satisfy the requirements of the sponsoring organizations.
- Privacy Mark Usage Permit
- Information Security Management System Audit Registration
Comprehensive services including the strategic planning, development, design, building, maintenance and operation of information communication systems
Usage Purposes of Personal Information
(1)Customer Personal Information
The personal information administered by NTT Comware is used for the following purposes:
- To carry out the provision of NTT Comware services and products, as well as the provision of related information; to conduct billing; to send notices on company changes; to send questionnaires; to answer inquiries
- To develop, market, maintain and improve NTT services and products
- To receive feedback on NTT Comware research and other areas to determine areas for future research and development, and future NTT Group management
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys and market surveys
- To administer security in buildings and other areas managed by NTT Comware
(2) Partner Company Employee Personal Information
NTT Comware maintains the personal information of employees belong to companies under contract with NTT Comware (temporary personnel staffing agencies, other companies under contract), and receives this information either from the companies or directly from the employees themselves. The personal information from employees from companies under contract with NTT Comware is used for the following purposes:
- To confirm the conclusion and execution of contracts with the partner company
- To administer work instructions and manage the work and payroll of all partner company employees
- To confirm the skill levels of partner company technicians
- To implement security management for buildings and other items
- To use in the creation of protection measures for classified information
(3) Personal information from customers who have consigned work to NTT Comware
The personal information received by NTT Comware is used for the following purposes:
- NTT Comware uses the personal information received from customers to carry out support services requested by the customer
- NTT Comware uses the information solely to fullfill the terms of the contract and to carry out the consigned work. There are cases however where this information is provided to other contracting companies in order to perform the requested support services.
The Non-provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except under the following circumstances, NTT Comware will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the person to whom the information pertains to.
- Cases where provision of personal information is mandatory under law
- Cases in which provision of such information is necessary to protect a persons life, body or property and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary to protect public hygiene or child development, and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
- Cases in which national government agencies, local governing bodies or organizations under contract either of these organizations require the support of NTT Comware to carry out work mandated under law, and there is a concern that obtaining the consent of the person may jeopardize the success of the work in question.
Items related to the Shared Usage of Personal Information
There are occasions where the personal information maintained by NTT Comware will be used jointly with select individuals and/or organizations. In such cases, NTT Comware will notify and make public information on the following items:
- The personal information data items to be jointly used
- The individuals and/or organizations with whom the data is to be shared
- The usage purpose
- The individual responsible for managing the confidential information
Inquiries and Requests regarding Personal Information maintained by NTT Comware
For requests concerning the disclosure, correction, stoppage of use or cancellation of personal information, or for inquiries concerning the handling of personal information at NTT Comware, please contact NTT Comware using the information provided below.
In addition, for requests concerning the disclosure, correction, stoppage of use or cancellation of personal information, please submit an application form available from NTT Comware, a document verifying the identity of the applicant, as well as the service fee (required for part of the procedures for disclosure).
Please note that NTT Comware is unable to respond to requests regarding personal information in the following circumstances:
- When there is a mistake on the application form recieved from the applicant
- When the applicant is not in the NTT Comware personal information database
- When there is a concern that the provision of personal information may have negative consequences on the life, body or property of the person in question or another third person
- When there is a concern that the disclosure of personal information may compromise the integrity of the work of NTT Comware
- When the disclosure of personal information would result in the violation of the law
Administrator of Personal Information Protection Management Systems:
Tooru Takama, Senior Vice President
NTT Comware Corporation
General Affairs and personnel Department
NTT Shinagawa Twins Annex Building
1-9-1 Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8019