Partnership Agreement Signed on Saitama Sport Schule, and Demonstration Test of Saitama Sports Schule Projects
Saitama City (Head office: Saitama-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Mayor: Hayato Shimizu, hereinafter, Saitama City), NTT COMWARE CORPORATION (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo, President: Satoshi Kurishima, hereinafter NTT COMWARE), Saitama Sport Commission (Head office: Saitama City, Saitama Chairman: Jun Ikeda, hereinafter, Saitama Sport Commission) and NTT Data Institute of Management Consulting Incorporated (Head office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Yuji Kawashima, hereinafter NTT Data Institute of Management Consulting) signed a Partnership Agreement on Saitama Sports Schule to promote activities to make Saitama the city of sports, leading sports industries, as well as integrating sports industries and various sports promotion activities for Saitama Sports Schule.
The Kanto Women Youth Tournament (Venue: Omiya Kenpo Ground Field S) will be held on March 23, 2019 (Sat). In cooperation with the Japan Lacrosse Association, the performance analysis demonstration test will be conducted as a test case to use ICT in a sports facility during the tournament.
1. Purpose and outline of this agreementThe partnership aims for promotion of regional sports and revitalization of the regional economy by implementing various schemes in a flexible, efficient and rational manner to make "Saitama Sports Schule" the center of sports in Saitama, and is expected to contribute to the sustainable promotion of a broad range of sports as well as achieve the goal of making the city of "Saitama, the city of sports".
Through the activities of Saitama Sports Schule, the three parties signed the agreement on the following to consider in cooperation with Saitama City and companies concerned.
(1) Human resources development in sports
(2) Maintenance of sustainable environment for sports
(3) Creation and revitalization of sports businesses and industries
(4) Others related to promotion of measure of Saitama Sports Schule.
Among the activities of Saitama Sports Schule, Saitama City and Saitama Sport Commission attracts organizers of sports events and NTT COMWARE and NTT Data Institute of Management Consulting study a model to use ICT and efficient systems to provide services in sports facilities.
2. Outline of the test using ICT in Kanto Lacrosse, Women's Youth TournamentThe test will be conducted in the Lacrosse Kanto District Women's Youth Tournament on March 23 (Sat) as part of schemes to create good environments for sports. The data is used for performance analysis in cooperation with the Japan Lacrosse Association. As a test case of using ICT in sports, the performances in training and games of the players are monitored in Field S for analysis and evaluation of the data.
NTT COMWARE, which has a track record of utilizing data in Lacrosse competitions, and NTT Data Institute of Management Consulting analyze the performance data. The data will be reflected in the improvement of the training environment for athletes who are expected to improve in the future. It leads to the development of Saitama Sports Schule.
March 23, 2019 (Sat) 9:00-15:00 (to be confirmed)
Omiya Kenpo Ground Field S
(3) Description of the Demonstration Test
Collect sports data during lacrosse competitions using GPS and heart rate devices, and analyze and evaluate performance using data after training
3. Future ScenarioICT-based advanced technologies will be continuously applied to various sports events and tournaments to be conducted in Saitama Sports Schule to provide the environment for implementation of the technologies, as well as for sports promotion in Saitama City.
* All product names, company names and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.