NTT COMWARE Received "IT Award on "Image Recognition AI "Deeptector(R)"
NTT COMWARE CORPORATION (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo, President: Satoshi Kurishima, hereinafter NTT COMWARE) received the "IT Award 2019"(*1) presented by the Japan Institute of Information Technology (hereinafter, IT Institute) on November 27, 2019.
1. AwardIT Award (Area: Social Problem Solving)
"Deeptector(R)", an image recognition system with AI as an alternative of human eyes
- System to Solve Social Problems -
2. Reason for WinningNTT Group has expressed its support for SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) since 2016 and the Group's CSR Charter states that "Solutions to social issues through business activities to achieve a sustainable society". NTT COMWARE focuses on "inspection" or "testing" of social infrastructure that supports a safe and secure and prosperous society to challenge social problems using its AI-based image recognition technologies.
In general, the following issues are raised for inspections or testing of infrastructure: (1) difficulty to secure skilled inspectors in visual inspection/testing, and difference of capabilities of individuals, and (2) dangerous and severe working conditions. The image recognition AI "Deeptector(R)" is an image recognition AI-based service that uses Deep Learning aiming to use AI instead of "human eyes". Since 2017, it has been promoting the practical use of the technology for cases such as "measures to find poachers", in addition to "inspection for road defects" and " appearance testing in manufacturing industries".
These activities were recognized as part of the social contributions for the "IT Award (Social Problem Solving)".
NTT COMWARE strives to solve social issues and contribute to the realization of a sustainable society by utilizing digital technologies such as the image recognition AI NTT COMWARE Received "IT Award on "Image Recognition AI "Deeptector(R)"
* 1: The IT Award, presented by the Japan Institute of Information Technology, goes to a company, organization, institute or individual who made a remarkable effort in "business innovation using advanced IT technologies", such as business creation in Japan's industrial fields and administrative agencies, construction and promotion of effective business models, or productivity improvement.
* "Deeptector(R)" is a registered trademark of NTT COMWARE CORPORATION.
* Other company names, product names, and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.